Lifestyle Protection

Home Insurance

Protecting your property and contents

The large number of home insurance providers on the market can make it difficult to find the best policy at the most competitive price.

There are two main types of home insurance: Building Insurance and Contents insurance.

Building insurance covers the actual structure of your property, such as the roof and walls, whilst contents insurance covers the items found in your home, such as audio equipment and furniture.

Many insurers will provide both types of insurance in one policy, reducing the need for separate cover. Some insurance providers will automatically provide free contents insurance when you take out their buildings insurance policy.

Landlord’s Insurance

If you let your property out to paying tenants then you will need a dedicated landlord insurance policy to protect your property.

Whether you have a portfolio of properties to let or just one, and whether you wish to insure your buildings only, or to include contents too, there is a range of landlords insurance policies to cover your assets.

We search a wide range of providers to bring you the most competitive quotes and can provide cover for properties let to professionals, students and DSS tenants. Plus with some of our insurers, contents insurance is included at no extra charge.

Having the right landlord insurance policy is an important consideration. Typical features of landlord insurance can include buildings cover, employer’s liability insurance and legal expenses cover as well as loss of rent. With the right amount of cover you can secure your properties to make sure you are covered if anything were to go wrong.

Features like accidental damage cover, property owner’s liability cover, vacant premises cover and landlords contents insurance are other optional extras and upgrades available with landlords insurance. Typically your landlords insurance policy will cover against damage to your property by flooding, fire, subsidence, smoke, burst pipes. Unoccupied cover can also be included in the policy, so if your property is empty you could still be covered under your insurance.